Today, many vehicle owners resort to the speedometer correction service. Someone needs to calibrate the odometer for personal purposes, and someone needs to sell a car at a better price. But every cause for correcting the mileage confronts the car owner with a problem — how to change the numbers on the device so that no one would guess about it. There are many options for solving this problem, but not everyone guarantees the functionality of the systems.
The best option is the speedometer calibration tools, which can correct the numbers on the speedometer without harming the car. You can partially or wholly freeze the mileage of your vehicle. Moreover, the tool doesn’t take much time to install. After its activation, all memory and control units in the car stop and do not form any errors in the electronics.
When Is Mileage Correction Required?
Mileage calibration is a typical service among vehicle owners. They opt for it for numerous reasons. For instance, mileage correction is required:
- For pre-sale preparation. It is one of the prominent reasons for helping to raise the cost of a car. For instance, you constantly observed the vehicle, replaced fluids punctually, and underwent technical inspections. As a consequence, the car is in excellent form. If this is your case, you can change the mileage and increase the cost.
- Freezing the numbers on the speedometer is required when you need to change the design of the dashboard.
- After installing the wheels or engine, changing the odometer’ readings is needed. After installing wheels of a distinctive diameter, the odometer will represent inaccurate data. It is also recommended to correct the speedometer after changing the engine to determine its service life.
There are other reasons as well. In some cases, this procedure becomes mandatory, such as replacing a dashboard.
Installation And Operation
The procedure for installing the mileage calibration device is relatively easy:
- The device is installed behind the vehicle dashboard.
- It will be invisible to the test at the station.
- This filter is controlled using special buttons in the car.
Consequently, you can activate or deactivate the stop of the mileage run of your car while being in it in just one action.
You can always understand whether the device is activated or not because this is displayed on the dashboard. After you start it, it will memorize its last position and will not require supplementary activation in the future. While the device is active, the mileage is not accumulated in the speedometer. Moreover, one of the most prominent advantages is that no specialist can prove whether such a filter was installed in a car or not.